(A) Transport Service Descriptions and Terms
Important: AutoLine Transport recommends Fast-Trac Service when in need of an expedited or guaranteed pickup and/ or delivery time.
1. Standard Shipping Service provides shipper with an estimated 1-7 day stand-by pickup window. Delivery time for this service will be on average, 1 day for every 300 miles traveled. AutoLine agrees to provide a carrier to transport your vehicle as promptly as possible in accordance with your instructions but cannot guarantee pick-up or delivery on a specified date or time with this service.
In the event that you order is not picked up within the 7 day window provided with Standard Service, AutoLine will reevaluate your order and you will be offered the following options to re book or cancel.
(a) Fast-Trac (expedite) your order with a $25 discount off your brokerage fee.
(b) Re-book order under Standard Service Terms. Will re-start 7-day window.
(d) Cancel Order with Full Refund
2. By choosing to use our Fast-Trac service Autoline cannot make any guarantees on specific pickup and delivery dates. With this service all dates should still be considered estimates.
(B) Insurance and Licensing Terms and Conditions
1. All of AutoLine Transport's Contracted Auto Carriers are required to maintain a minimum $750,000 public liability as well as additional per vehicle/occurrence cargo insurance. The Carrier’s Cargo insurance will cover your vehicle against any occurrence of theft or damage, which is caused to the vehicle or associated parts, during transit. Open trailer carriers will maintain a minimum of $75K additional cargo coverage. Enclosed Carriers will maintain a minimum of $150K additional cargo coverage. If damage is to occur and is deemed due to the carrier's negligence, the contracted carrier will be solely responsible for repairing or compensating shipper for damages.
2. If damage is deemed due to the drivers negligence and the carrier and/or the carrier's insurance company DOES NOT repair or compensate for damages within 120 days of occurrence, Autoline will pay your personal insurance deductible up to $500.
3. All damage claims must be noted and signed for at time of delivery. Damage must be noted directly on the carrier’s bill of lading, signed by driver, and submitted in writing to AutoLine within 10 days of delivery date. AutoLine Transport will share the carrier insurance policy information upon request but is not the entity responsible for any damages. The assigned carrier is solely responsible for the condition of your vehicle while it is in their possession.
4. AutoLine Transport and/or their Agents shall not be liable for the following:
• Damage caused by leaking fluids, battery acids, cooling system anti-freeze
fluids, industrial fallout, or any other damage caused by 'Acts of God '.
• Damage, which is undetectable due to vehicles, dirty condition at the time of pickup.
• Mechanical malfunctions, exhaust assembly, frame, alignment, tire damage, suspension, or running of engines.
• Auto Rental Accruals (Carriers insurance may provide in certain situations)
• Damage resulting from overloaded vehicles.
• Damage to vehicles that cannot be driven on or off transporter under own power.
• Theft or Damage to items left or placed in vehicle.
5. The shipper agrees to properly disclose any damage the vehicle may have before it being loaded on the transporter/carrier and while the vehicle is being delivered. Shipper will acknowledge the current condition of the vehicle by signing the Bill of Lading along with the driver of the transporter/carrier. Upon delivery, Shipper and Driver will re-inspect the vehicle a sign the Bill of Lading acknowledging receipt of vehicle. If any claim should arise as a result of transportation, other than noted on the Bill of Lading at the time the vehicle was loaded at it's origin, Shipper has fifteen (15) days to file a claim and must be accompanied by photographs of the claimed damage.
6. Shipper agrees to indemnify and hold harmless AutoLine Transport and it's agents harmless for any costs, expenses, damages, losses and claims.
7. Carrier should provide a copy of the Bill of Lading accompanied by a vehicle condition report upon both pickup and delivery of vehicle. Make sure that you retain this document for your records.
8. This agreement and any shipment here under is subject to all terms and conditions of the carrier's tariff and the uniform straight bill of lading, copies of which are available at the office of the carrier.
(C) General Service Terms and Conditions
1. AutoLine Transport and its agents and the motor carrier transporting the vehicle and their employees, jointly and separately are authorized to operate and transport the vehicle from point of origin to the destination specified in the Bill of Lading. AutoLine Transport MC# 737302
2. Order Cancellations must be received in writing. You may cancel your order at anytime prior to booking without a cancelation fee. In the event that you need to cancel your order AFTER your vehicle has been scheduled and contracted for pickup, your deposit will not be refunded and used to pay carrier cancelation fees. If your order is scheduled and contracted for pickup and the carrier cancels pickup at no fault to shipper, you may cancel your order and receive a full refund of any monies paid. Refunds will be processed within 72 hours of cancellation request.
3. AutoLine Transport reserves the right to reject any order and will refund the deposit in full.
4. Once your vehicle is scheduled ‘next in line’ for delivery; your delivery contact will be notified to confirm a hard scheduling time. If AutoLine Transport or the Carrier delivering the vehicle cannot reach the delivery contact for 24 hours, or if the delivery contact is not available for delivery, the vehicle will be placed in a local storage facility at shipper’s expense. Storage charges will range from $15 to $35 per day. If the vehicle needs to be re-delivered, other delivery fees per the carrier company may be incurred.
5. AutoLine Transport will charge shippers credit card initial deposit when order is scheduled and contracted for pickup. The balance of the total transport cost will then be due upon delivery in cash or cashiers check. If paying by cashiers check, please make payable directly to the Carrier and not to AutoLine Transport. We will provide you with the name of the carrier company upon booking. If paying the entire transport cost with credit card a 7% service charge will apply.
6. Due to certain commercial vehicle restrictions and the shear size of the equipment used to transport these vehicles, carriers may not be able access pickup and/or delivery address directly. If the carrier cannot safely access either of these locations, you may have arranged to meet the driver at a nearby location, which could accommodate a truck of this size. In certain cases, if the customer is not able to meet the driver at a nearby location, the driver will make arrangements to drive the vehicle to the accessible loading area. This would be a maximum of 15 miles from the originally contracted pickup and/or delivery location(s).
7. Customer warrants that he/she is the registered legal owner of the vehicle and has the authority to enter into this agreement.
8. Shipper shall remove all non-permanent outside mounted luggage and other racks prior to shipment. Vehicles must be tendered to carrier in good running condition (unless other Autoline noted) with no more than a half tank of fuel (prefer 1/4 tank).
9. Luggage and personal property must be confined to trunk, with no heavy articles, and not to exceed 100 lbs. Carrier is not liable for personal items left in vehicle, nor for damage caused to vehicle from excessive or improper loading of personal items. No electronic equipment, valuables, plants, live pets, alcohol, drugs or firearms, may be left in the vehicle. Items left in vehicle is subject to carrier approval. If the carrier deems that the items left in the vehicle are unacceptable, the items will need to be either removed or reconfigured based on carrier specifications.
10. The year, make and model of a vehicle determine which type of transporter will be used and the position on the transporter where it will be loaded. Any changes in the year, make or model must be reported within 72 hours of the scheduled pick-up to this office and may result in additional charges.
11. Vehicle(s) transported must start and operate properly. If vehicle(s) does not run during any point during the transport and/or was not noted as non-running upon placing order, the customer will be charged an additional $150.00 inoperable fee.
AutoLine Transport U.S. Department of Transportation Broker's license number is 737302.